Saturday 8 June 2013

3 Quick Ways to Stay Motivated

Between the sewing, piano, dance recitals, work, and my training partners being out of Province for a triathlon competition, getting to the pool to swim has been a true test of my motivation. It has definitely been a challenge to make time to do the practices on my own. Sometimes it feels easier to let it go and not bother. However I know that I would be disappointed with my choice. So I found the time, dragged my butt to workouts, and felt great for doing it!

Here are a few tips to keeping that internal motivation revved up:

1. What is your WHY?
-write down your reason for staying fit. Keep it
somewhere you can easily view it on a daily basis.

2. Have a goal to work towards:
-choose an event, goal time, distance, dress size that you
want to achieve. Having something to strive for helps
keep you going when motivation is low.

3. Join a group
- It is much easier to stay on track when you have others
to be accountable to. Your training partners will count
on you just as much as you count on them to help
reach your goals.

Lastly, It is okay to have a bad day. Keeping your schedule even when tired and busy will make sure you stay on track to reach your goals. As busy adults it is easy to let our personal fitness ambitions slide to make way for children's activities, etc...Don't forget it is important to look after yourself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment